Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Seasonal Wood Blocks

     I have been wanting to do these blocks for a long time......a couple of years, in fact! But you know how crazy life gets! And even after I did get these done, the kids got a hold of them and wrecked some of my letters. Aw, but why get upset now? These have been in progress for a few years now, what's another couple MONTHS? ;)
     The idea for these came from Kierste over at my favorite blog, "Brown Paper Packages." She did hers in red and they look fabulous! That truly is the hardest part of the whole project -- deciding what color to paint them. I FINALLY decided on a distressed black so I can add splashes of different colored ribbons and doo-daws for the different seasons.
     And with 7 blocks I can make all these words:
Dream
Harvest
Blessed
Welcome
Friends
Faith
Family
Spooky
Monster
Winter
Freedom
Snow
Home
Hope
Mother
Easter
Be Mine

1 comment: