Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My 1st 10K!

*Our time for the 10K (6.3 miles): 1:40:11
     Well, I did it! Saturday I "competed" in my first race ever! I say "competed" because it really isn't competing when you're speed-walking with runners! But hey, I wasn't last and I finished!
     My mother-in-law, Debbie, and her sister, Shannon walked it with me too. They're both awesome runners and are running the Ogden Utah Marathon next weekend, so I'm sure this was cake to them! But it was fun to have them do it with me. We chatted the whole way which made the time go by really fast.
     The day was beautiful and the temperature was perfect! It was held on the west side of Idaho Falls so we went through a few neighborhoods and lots of farm country. It was the 1st M.A.D. (making a difference) Marathon in Idaho Falls so it definitely had some hiccups, but overall it was great and so fun for my first race.
What's that you say, first race? Yeah, that's right, I wanna do some more. It was a great goal to work for and train my body for. And it was fun to be among all the athletes at various fitness levels all trying their hardest to reach their goal. Yep, gonna do another couple of 10K's this summer!
     And a big shout-out to my friend and workout buddy, Arwa who did AWESOME in the 1/2 Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment