Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Mesa Falls Half Marathon

     "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
                              -- John Bingham

     I really did it!! No, REALLY!!! I speed-walked my first 1/2 Marathon (13.1 mi). It started a little ways from Mesa Falls and finished in Ashton. And I really enjoyed it!! ---even more than I thought I would!!! There's something about seeing people from all ages and all fitness levels trying to achieve their goals. And it's fun to hear everyone cheering each other on and giving encouragement! It was like a nice hike on a Saturday morning. And like my mom-in-law, Debbie, said "what other hike do you get snacks at snack stations all along the way & pottys just where you need them?!" I think so! It was a beautiful course and it feels good having completed it! I finished in 3:32. And next year......I'll be back!!!
     My mother-in-law and her sister Shannon both completed full marathons that day ----amazing!
     We camped the night before & the night after, so the kids had fun too. Derek and the kids drove by me at certain spots cheering me on ---just what I needed as my legs felt like jelly! And at the finish line, Ashley & Carson came out and held my hand and ran me across the finish line! I just love these kids!

1 comment: